Earlier kids used to fear their parents and due to that fear and respect they used to tell the truth most of the time. Today kids are getting smarter than parents and they choose to be dishonest rather than being honest and get beaten black and blue. Most parents ignore this in kids assuming he or she is merely a kid but further this escape boosts up their dishonest nature and they become liars and remain liars their whole life. Although students and kids are learning so much through online teaching with the help of any education app, still honesty is that lesson which cannot be taught easily. It takes a lot of effort to teach such good attributes to the kids. Any education app is that assistance which helps the students 24×7 and makes students self-dependent doesn’t matter students’ studies in offline or online teaching. Even after so many facilities teachers are unable to make students understand the value of honesty. Honesty is not only about telling the truth always instead it is about being real with yourself and with others too without much ado. The one who is honest will always be pure and with a clean conscience with others and his or her nature will never change according to people. It is the easiest thing one can practice to live a happy, successful, fulfilled and satisfied life.
For students’ honesty can be the foundation of core values and principles. We all want to induce this good attribute in our kids so that honesty can make them a respectable and good human being as well as citizen. So, let’s understand the ways to teach children honesty:
- Doesn’t matter a teacher or parents, these days both show very quick nature in order to decide whether the kid is guilty or not and take punitive action against the child very quickly. But the saddest thing is that they don’t be so quick in appreciating the child. Elders should praise and appreciate kids whenever they show honesty they should be praised verbally and by showing love with hugs.
- To teach kids honesty, parents must teach kids that if they don’t have a pleasant truth to speak then they don’t need to tell a lie. As it is said that an unpleasant truth is far better than pleasant lies.
- Students should be taught always at every instance of their life that comes what may and doesn’t matter how much a lie is beneficial. One should always stay away from lies, betrayal and cheating others because it takes a toll on our self-consciousness also. A dishonest person cannot face himself in the mirror ever.
- Students always follow their mentors and teachers as their role models. They follow their each and every step like imitating them will provide them every hymn of success and achievement. Hence teachers should follow and show the students that honesty is the best policy so that kids can follow this rule easily.
- To win the honesty of the kids it is necessary that either you catch or you come to know from someone else about any dishonest behaviour, you should never forget that they are mere kids and should never put the kids to any test to find out the truth. Use your intelligence and make your child understand very politely that their dishonest behaviour can hurt someone’s feelings.
- Stating the above point it should also not happen that students should be allowed for any dishonest behaviour. Kids should be made to understand that any of such behaviour of him/her will bear consequences accordingly. Good behaviour and manners will reward and bad manners and mischievous activities will be punished accordingly.
- If you find that your kid is lying or committing any dishonest behaviour or act then it is that sensitive moment where either you can embark mutiny in the kid by only taking punitive actions or you can correct their mistake and make them understand politely why their act was wrong and what should have been done by her or him to correct it.
- Being older, being a role model for the kids and becoming a man of your word. Don’t make false promises to the kid. If you had promised your son a cycle if he tops the class then fulfil your promise by keeping your word when your child tops the class.