ICT is the abbreviation for the term Information Communication technology tools. These are the tools that enable the transformation of classrooms into smart classrooms. The digitalization of classrooms is only possible with these tools.
Several schools use ICT tools for teaching, and it has resulted in better learning of skills, and it developed easier learning abilities.
ICT tools include the following devices:
- Software programs
- Interactive teaching box
- Data projectors
ICT tools were not limited to the aforementioned devices, but after the lockdowns, these tools have some new additions such as clicker devices, flipped classrooms, mobile applications, etc., for easy access to study materials.
How are these tools used in classrooms?
The following things are necessary to unlock the full potential of these tools.
- Establish a beginning point for the ICT learning of each pupil and integrate formative evaluation into vital learning areas such as math literacy in primary school.
- Planning to progress ICT study programs in the syllabus.
What are the advantages of ICT tools?
- Offer the facility for better management of students
- Direct classroom teaching
- Enhanced modes of communication
- Eco-friendly-no paper required
- Minimize spending and save time
- Better data and information security
- Web-based LMS tools connect students, teachers, scholars, and researchers
- The use of graphic and video help teachers make students understand better
- Teachers can create an entertaining classroom through this technology
- Offers better teaching and learning techniques
- Promoting digitization of colleges and universities
- Automated solutions to paper-based manual processes and procedures.
These tools have made the learning and teaching process quite easy, but the effectiveness of this type of teaching is still not accepted by some. But, now there’s no stopping.
Schools worldwide are going to implement digital learning, i.e. bring all these tools to their classrooms. More than students, teachers need to get a grip on the new technologies and ICT tools for teaching and offering an entertaining class.
Now, the benefits of the ICT tools are many, but you need to understand that smart learning doesn’t mean easy learning; one still has to read and write/type about the topics. Still, using these tools has made learning a lot accessible to everyone.
The benefits of ICT are:
- ICT brings inclusion
- ICT enhances subject learning
- ICT use motivation learning
- Lets effective differentiated instruction with technology
- In education, improves engagement and knowledge
- ICT use encourages collaboration
- ICT capability and literacy is developed by ICT use
These are some benefits of ICT. Now, let’s look at the tools included in the ICT.
There are some tools of ICT that can be used for creating literature:
These various tools are:
- Web creation and design
- Digital video
- web searching
- Word procession
- Web creation and design
What are the ICT tools used for presentation?
- Google slides
- Lesson up
ICT tools for videos/animations
There are several more tools in this category, but these are the important ones. Following the technology path, classrooms have become smart, and using pencil and paper/book has become the past.
ICT tools make learning easier for everyone, and it erases the digital divide. Through pictures and videos, the children will be able to understand things if you are a part of the education department in your school’s request for integration of ICT tools in the teaching process.